Thai Marinade is extremely versatile and can be used across a whole spectrum of fish and shellfish species, both as marinade and as dipping sauce. This dish makes up to 150ml/ 5fl oz, any extra can be kept for up to three days in the fridge or frozen for later use.
- Serves: – people (Makes about 150ml)
- Prep time: – mins
- Cook time: – mins
- Total time: – mins
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- a handful of coriander, stalks and all
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 birdseye chilli, roughly chopped 2 lemongrass stalks, topped and tailed, roughly chopped
- a splash of Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- juice of 2 limes
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
How to make:
Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until as smooth as possible. Don’t worry if it looks a little ‘bitty’, as it will soften down during the cooking process. You now have the basis for an array of different recipes.
Credit – © Prawn on the Lawn: Fish and seafood to share