An all Cornish duck dish!
A Jack Stein recipe championing locally sourced Cornish duck, Cornish asparagus and chutney.
Experience the best of Cornish produce and cook along with Jack Stein. It’s no secret that the best quality ingredients aren’t often in big supermarket chains. Watch as Jack shows you how to create a deliciously succulent spiced duck dish using award-winning products. Order your ‘cook along’ pack here to get the best seasonal ingredients from local artisan producers, freshly picked and to your door in matter door. Free delivery nationwide!
As a chef with over 15 years’ experience and countless more exploring the culinary world, Jack has been inspired by the excitement of different cuisines and flavours. He’s combined the gastronomic memories collected on his travels with his passion for the best of British produce to develop his own style of cookery.
- Dish type: Main
- Cuisine: Modern British
- Serves: 4 people
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 40 mins
- 4 x Cornish Duck breasts
- 1 bunch Cornish asparagus
- 400g Cornish new potatoes
- 25g Cornish cider vinegar
- 100g Cornish Olive oil
- Cornish sea salt and pepper mix
- 50g Cornish salted butter
- 2 Shallots
- Dash of soy sauce
- Pinch 5 spice
How to make:
- Cook the potatoes in cold water bring them to simmer season well with salt.
- Make a vinaigrette with oil vinegar shallots and soy
- Score the duck breasts skin and season well with the Cornish sea salt and pepper mix. Cook skin side down on a medium heat for 4 mins until well rendered and brown, then flip them over add the butter and baste for a further 3 mins. Cook to an internal temperature of 60 degrees for pink. Rest
- Steam the asparagus in a little water for 3 minutes, then add the vinaigrette and cook it our for a minute.
- Add a nob of butter to the potatoes and. Plate up with the Chutney. Slice the duck and add the 5 spice.
- Aussie Shiraz