Cooking for us this weekend is Jo Wood!! Jo is a TV Personality and entrepreneur who has been passionate about green issues and followed an organic lifestyle and diet for decades.
- 2 organic chicken breasts (skin off)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 dessert spoon honey
- 2 cloves of garlic
- little chunk of fresh turmeric or 1/2tsp of dried
- plain flour for coating
- coconut oil
- 4 burger buns
- sliced onion (optional)
How to make:
- Roughly chop the onion and chicken in to a few pieces, and put into a blender or food processor.
Add the ketchup, honey, garlic, turmeric and seasoning, blitz until all the ingredients are incorporated evenly throughout.
- Divide the mixture in to 4 balls, shape in to burgers, and coat each with a dusting of flour.
- Heat up a large frying pan on a medium heat, and add a little coconut oil. Once hot add the chicken burgers and cook for 5 or 6 minutes on each side. The burgers will firm up as they cook, but you can test if they are cooked, by cutting in to one to check if the juices are clear. If the juices are pink, then carry on cooking for a few more minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, you can slice the tomatoes and prepare the buns.
Spread one half of the bun with mayonnaise and spread the other with ketchup. Put the lettuce, tomato and sliced onion (if using) on the mayonnaise half of the bun, ready for the burgers.
Add the burgers, and top with the ketchup half of the bun. Enjoy!